I don’t know what all to say about this project. In all honesty, the true artist behind this song was Kyle Miller. As an audio major, he took the forefront in putting together these songs, while I helped with minor details and switching up different audio tones.
Using the bass as the main rhythm of the song, we began adding more and more elements to the compilation to create different moods at different points in the song.
At the beginning, the song almost gives off a “70’s/80’s, Good cop / Bad cop” tv theme vibe (While making it, I was very much reminded of Starsky and Hutch). The contrasting timbre of the brass horns to the rest of the layers also adds to this initial feel.
As the song progresses, many more electronic noises are added. The almost chaotic organization of the electronic notes, and the contrasting speed they provide, a nice alteration and transition in the song. The combination reminded me of old 8-bit games, like Sonic or Megaman. This also connected this song to our other song, which drew inspiration from such games.
In the end, I was very pleased with how our projects turned out. Though they were fairly simplistic in comparison to other, well known songs, I think our final products turned out very nicely. I have both on my computer, and listen to them every not and then. I’m happy with what we accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment